If you’re looking for a high quality, feature rich screenshot taking app for Windows, you cannot go wrong with ShareX.
ShareX is open source, fast, and one of the most comprehensive screencap tools available for Windows or any other platform. Among its features include,
- Full screen, window, rectangle, and other shapes capture
- Screen recording, with video or GIF output
- Customizable hotkey support
- Automatic upload of captured images or videos to one of a dozen supported sites
- After capture triggers, like sending the screenshot to an image editing app
- Extra tools, like a color picker and a screen ruler
ShareX is derived from the now defunct ZScreen, but unlike its bug-ridden predecessor, ShareX is very stable and regularly updated. The UI may seem a bit challenging at first, but getting used to it doesn’t take much time.
Give ShareX a try, and let us know what you think.
More screenshots of ShareX are available here.